Saturday, December 31, 2011
All my life, I've heard so many stories from my dad and my grand parents. My dad is the one who told me most of the stories. I always pester him when going to bed to tell me some stories. Its just plain pleasure listening to those stories and go to sleep. Those were the days I still couldn't read it from the books. It was just picture stories from chandamama. And when that's all done, my dad use to find kids books, buy it, read it for me and then the way he narrates it when going to bed is just unexplainable comfort. You see, it happened when I was very very little, may be, 5 or 6 and I still remember every bit of it. Alright now, what made me talk about this is yet another comfort. After almost 20 or so years, Yeah... Stop guessing about my age now :) , So.. after so many years, I have a yet another story teller in my life. And this time, not for me but for my girl.
One fine night, I was totally tired from my usual work of the day and went to bed along with my ever so active kid. My husband was obviously next to me thinking, what next? And then, as usual I tried possible things to make my baby go to sleep, but in vain. My hubby took over and I hid myself in my comfy blankie. So after a moment or so, my hubby started to tell a story to our kid which was the best story I've heard after a very very, and I mean a very long time. It was such pleasure. So here is the story for you. I am sure no one else had heard this one. So enjoy !
There was a little puppy sitting on the playground all alone. And then came another puppy for a walk. This puppy saw the sitting puppy and went to it. It asked why the puppy is just sitting. The sitting puppy replied saying that its very bored. So the walking puppy asked if the sitting puppy can come for a coffee? The sitting puppy felt very happy and went for coffee. They had their coffee and when they had to pay the bill, the walking puppy asked the sitting puppy to pay. But sitting puppy said, I don't have money. You invited for coffee so you have to pay. They both fought and went back to home. Next day, both the puppies were sitting, without talking or playing. And then, there comes a third puppy. It saw these two puppies, and asked why? Both the puppies told what happened. So the third puppy said ok and went to the coffee shop all alone. When coming back from the shop, the third puppy got coffee for all the three of them and said lets share it. It also asked the puppies not to fight and to forget the past. Then all the three puppies stayed happy and played together ever after :)
By then, my kid was asleep. I was under my blankie listening to the story and felt contented. It made my day. Thank You !!
I wanted to end the year with a beautiful story, which happened to come from the best guy I've known for years. And I am so happy that we made through one more happy year. Lots have happened in this last year. It taught me so many things, as a mother, as a wife, as a working women and as a friend. Some things that I regret but indeed learnt from it. Some things that I treasure. Hope there would be more and more treasured moments in the coming years. Thank You everyone ! I wish for a very very happy new year to you and your family.
Happy New Year 2012 !!
Monday, December 12, 2011
As such, pointers again. One thing I noticed is, these pointers will entertain much more if you had already watched the movie and have come here to read it. Absolute pleasure that way !! But if you decide otherwise, I have only one thing to say. SO MANY MANY MANY SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!
- Yet another Selvaraghavan's movie.
- Same formula. Heroine don't give a shit for the hero, and eventually fell in love with him.
- Another rule broken. Hero loves a friend's girl friend and ends up marrying her. Usually it will be a sister or a girl whom that friend loves.. like kind of a one-sided love story.
- Actually in the movie, the heroine clarifies that she is not a GF but just a date. She goes out with this friend as a partner, stay way more than midnight wth him, dances with him and I mean in a romantic way and so on and so forth. Except a particularly intimate situation (which indeed happened with the hero, Dhanush), everything else seems to be done with this friend. Puhleeeassee!! As far as I see it, she pretty much shows up as a GF.
- Somehow, I so loved that gang of friends. It was so nice to watch them together. But I felt like that father character had killed the charm of it. Why do we always need a drunkard single father to support a group of friends? So stereotypical !
- Friend's father - Felt like I am watching an ad.
- The subtle looks between Dhanush and Richa were enjoyable. I had to giggle everytime they did that. Was nicely done.
- Lizard scene was very very funny. Dhanush pulls it at the right moment.
- The marraige scene was quick and gave some relaxation. All the while I was thinking what next? what next? not because I was so piqued or anything.. but just that how far can this be screwed up??
- Dhanush's fart was ridiculous and to top it up he asks if she doesn't do it. Richa's response brought a big pleasure. Girls & especially Guys, Be aware !! Please use the respective private rooms.
- Dhanush's dog act was really nice. I felt so sad and pitied him :) Chhooo chweet.
- Dhanush's career - Photography as a career is a new thing I am watching on silver screen. And the scenes between that professional guy and Dhanush was done really well. I thought it was very very practical.
- That suicide scene - I so expected it. I swear ! When dhanush was reading the paper, I was like, this guy is one big crack, he might fall off from the balcony and the next moment he did it. I gave a big pat for my exceptional prediction..
- After all the happiness, there comes a betrayal followed by a suicide. The story becomes upside down. The cheerful couple is gone. A drunkard, psycho, sick guy becomes the husband and a truthful commited girl becomes a wife.
- Dhanush's performance was powerful. A casual cool buddy look is a not so new look on him but I am awe stuck by his performance as an angry drunkard. He portrayed rightly as a person who got betrayed. One moment I pitied him and the other moment I so hated him to the core (I mean the character, of course).
- Dhanush's reactions were so nice in many places. "I don't understand you" look to Richa when she was dating that friend, "Oh Yeah !It's my marraige" look to the friend who is now sitting as an audience, "the shocked" look after knowing that he has been betrayed, and the last(as of now) but not the least, "I am absolutely an angry man for what the heck is happening to me" look at his friend's wedding scene. All I can say is, what a good show !!
- Richa has got good potential in her. I initially thought she is yet another girl with good assets to walk through the 3 hours of a movie until the scene were she explodes over Dhanush for what has happened. Gotcha !! Shock all over my face.
- Richa's response to one of Dhanush's friend to be his Mistress was wierd. But that helped to show how strong of a character that she is.
- Dhanush's success seem to be OK'ish.
- Richa's Ex-BF is now Dhanush's sister's husband. He has been a truthful friend all the while but the sister has changed and is now jealous of Dhanush. Now people, some truely exists just like this same character. Believe me !! Now before your nosy mind comes to a conclusion, FYI, I don't have any siblings, wink wink, :)
- Showing the passport photo on the Photography Industry's so-called Oscar Award ceremony was a good one. I gave a joyful big sigh with a smile !!
- Cinematography was totally good. It has to be. After all the movie is based on it. Good job there.
- Songs were all nice to watch and to listen. I loved the "naan sonnadhum mazhai vandhucha" and "Pirai thedum iravilaei". Wow just amazing songs. I am so hooked to these right now. "Ennenna seidhom inga" was apt for the group of friends. "Oda oda oda" & "Kadhal adhu kaadhal" were funny.
- Ending the movie with a "Hello..." after a big oodal was obviously, Selva's touch !
நிழல் தேடிடும் ஆண்மையும்.. நிஜம் தேடிடும் பெண்மையும்
ஒரு போர்வையில் வாழும் இன்பம்.. தெய்வம் தந்த சொந்தமா
என் ஆயுள் ரேகை நீயடி.. என் ஆணி வேரடி
சுமை தாங்கும் எந்தன் கண்மணி.. எனை சுடும் பணி..
Friday, December 9, 2011
Alright ladies. I am not totally against make up. In fact, I like makeup and having a polished look and all that, but some of these disgusting ads thats been telecasted in TV just makes me go nuts. Really.. especially that new Banjaras Fairness ad is totally irritating. I just want to give a big punch on the face of that guy, that amma and that stupid girl. The girl after using the said cream gets all pretty and goes in front of the so called bridegroom and gives a nice pose. Stop me if I am wrong. Which is the sale product here? The banjaras cream or that girl? Where are we going with such ads. Although my mindset do not accept the fact that this one particular ad is gonna change the way youth are gonna think, it is just plain atrociousness to know that so many people would have approved for such an ad to be telecasted to public. And to add more to this, its been telecasted so many times in a day. I initially thought I shouldn't be complaining for such a silly ad but its beyond too much to forget about it and move on.