Monday, January 4, 2010

AVATAR

Avatar. My recent favourite, I must say. This film brings a new way of Film making. I really loved the whole film, literally, scene by scene. I dont want to give a synopsis about the film here since most of them would know it already. If not, go ahead and watch the film. It definitely is a new experience.
I remember watching an old tamil movie in 3D format and after which I did saw a couple of 3D pics in English. But, I must say, this is a whole new experience for me and the full two and half hours was a complete entertainment with lot of social issues addressed at so many places which I could guess it only after I came out of the Cinema Hall. Yes. Believe me! You think about the film even after you come out of the hall. Well, I did !!
James Cameron is such an intellectual film maker. He had a short script of the movie "Avatar" in the year 1996, immediately after the release of The Titanic. Though he was working on other projects too, he decently contributed to the script of this film and when asked about the delay in 2006, the reply was, they were waiting for the technology to get developed to complete the film. !@!@!@! Who would expect such a reply. Then the technology came and the film was done. After that, one more short delay for updating the Cinema Halls to screen the show. Whats the use of making a film without having a right way to exhibit it. Yes, they waited for the theaters to install latest 3D Projectors. And finally, here it is. ON the screen seen by awestruck audience. It just amazes me when I see so much of passion for Film Making. After all, it is considered only as an entertainment in many parts of India. I personally had grown up in such an environment where film is always made with 5 songs, 4 fights and a love story. Well, even this Gentle Man(JC) I am talking about has made such films but think about the fresh look of the film. The new way of putting the old things. I absolutely see it coming from passion or atleast from true effort. I also have to support the sincere Indian guys who put a lot of effort in film making. I did saw a good number of meaningful Cinema last year (2009). So I guess, the trend is changing in India and we ought to see lot more meaningful films in future instead of picturing the super natural abilities of road side romeos.

Oh! I almost slipped it. This film had loads of creativity to it. Not just in technology. Anything and everything I see is new in the film. The new world, new creatures, new places, new people and what not !! The storyline depicts about how anything and everything can be trashed without Peace. As I said before, I saw so many social issues addressed in the film. Most of them are addressed in a way that a common man knows it, experiences it and cannot ignore it like workplace politics, racism, war, gender discrimination, and so many. Wonderful way of blending the real factors into an imaginary creation. The film ends with a song. I SEE YOU. It always feels good when I come out of the theatre after watching a happy ending with a happy song. Here is the song for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment